Overhauls & Repairs of Axial Turbo Expanders
Maintenance Partners has a broad experience in overhauling and repairing axial turbo expanders:
- Multi stage axial turbo expanders
- Single stage axial turbo expander wheels directly connected to axial compressor – can be in combination with an abradable sealing upgrade to the compressor for increasing efficiency
For our services on radial turbo expanders, please visit this page.
These turbo expanders are utilised in the following applications:
- Chemical and petrochemical industries
- Fluid Catalytic Cracking (FCC)
- Residue Fluid Catalytic Cracking (RFCC)
- Nitric Acid
- Acetic Acid
- Terephtalic acid, or PTA
- Natural gas and oil industry
- Pipeline pressure reduction
- LNG, LPG
- Liquefaction of methane
- Coal gasification and hydration
- General industrial power recovery for example blast furnace top gas expansion
Turbo Expander Activities
Our services on turbo expanders include:
- Standard minor inspections
- Full comprehensive overhauls
- Complete new rotor manufacturing
- Emergency interventions and repairs
- Spare parts manufacturing including:
- Radial inflow expander wheels
- Tie bolts
- Overlay welding and laser cladding of stub shafts
- Mechanical re-design solving structural issues
- Low and high speed balancing
- On-site activities such as build-up, start-up support and vibrations measurements.
Inspections on turbo expanders are carried out and reported according to API 687 (Rotor Repair Phase 1 and 2) and API 617 (Axial and Centrifugal Compressors and Expanders-Compressors – Chapter 1&4) standards.
A European fertilizer manufacturer contacted Maintenance Partners to overhaul a multistage turbo expander. The expander was built in 1965 and was showing severe signs of wear and tear after years of use.
The rotor was considered irreparable by the original equipment manufacturer and a new rotor was offered. However, the delivery time of the new rotor was expected to be around 2,5 years. Maintenance Partners repaired the expander in 8 months time. Read more.
Do you want to know more about the radial turbo expander inspections, repairs or spare parts? Call us at +32(0)35417140 or send us a message using the form below: