Maintenance Partners NV, Vitshoekstraat 6, 2070 Zwijndrecht, Belgium (hereinafter « MP ») recognizes that all personal information managed and used in its business activities must be handled and protected with the utmost care. Therefore, MP will follow the basic policy stated below.
- People are not required to provide any personal information to MP, but may however choose to do so.
- MP will not collect or process any personal information through false or other improper means.
- MP will use personal information only to the extent and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or notified to the persons to whom the information pertains.
- MP will keep the personal information for no longer than is required for the specific purpose.
- MP will endeavor to keep such personal information accurate and up-to-date.
- MP will take necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of such personal information.
- MP will furnish its employees and contractors handling such personal information with the necessary and appropriate guidance and supervision.
- MP will not provide personal information to any third party without the consent of the person involved.
- MP will provide an adequate response to any person who requests a copy of his/her personal information, who requests to have any inaccurate information corrected or any or all of his/her personal information deleted or who objects to the processing of his/her information.
- If MP receives any complaints regarding the handling of personal information, it will resolve such complaints in a prompt and appropriate manner.
- MP will establish rules and management systems for proper handling and protection of personal information and will thoroughly adhere to them.
- MP will engage in a strong effort to further enhance personal information protection systems by regularly reviewing and updating all rules and procedures regarding the handling of personal information, including this policy.
- MP will comply with all applicable Belgian laws and regulations regarding the handling of personal information.
Established: February 12, 2010
Maintenance Partners nv.
Johan De Coster, CEO
For information regarding the business purposes and the practical handling method of personal information by MP, refer to the following:
1. Use of Personal Information
MP will acquire and use personal information only as needed for its business performance according to its business purposes. The business purposes for processing personal information are:
(1) To make applications for transactions between MP and its customers and other parties concerned with its businesses; obtain confirmation regarding customers and other parties concerned; review and assess such transactions; execute and manage agreements; and conduct termination and other proceedings following termination of agreements with customers and contractors.
(2) To issue notices regarding improvement of MP products and services and of associated products and services, and respond to customer inquiries regarding such products and services.
(3) To respond to inquiries about the products and services provided by parties having business relations with MP.
(4) To allow its shareholders and directors to perform their rights and to perform obligations to its shareholders and directors in accordance with the applicable company law; facilitate the implementation of various policies to ensure efficient communications with its shareholders and directors; create data under certain standards in accordance with applicable laws and regulations; and other measures to facilitate the mutual understanding between MP and its shareholders or directors. 5)
(5) To confirm applications for and participation in various exhibitions and seminars, communicate with lecturers, and report on the results of studies and events to the persons involved, and also to provide visitors with access to MP’s facilities.
(6) To make contact with the members of any organizations in which MP is a member, and issue various notices from MP according to the purposes of activity of such organizations.
(7) To send publications issued by MP to persons who request them, and to distribute e-mails to the applicants for the MP electronic mailing service.
(8) To communicate and enter into joint contracts with various research institutes based on MP’s R&D activities, to which the paragraph (1) above shall apply accordingly; participate in academic societies; make recommendations for prizes awarded by academic societies; and make and manage joint patent applications.
(9) To communicate with journalists and analysts in publicity activities.
(10) To receive applications for employment, communicate with and issue the notification of employment to the applicants, and other issues concerning recruitment activities.
(11) To communicate and conduct transactions with public accountants, attorneys and patent attorneys concerned with the business activities of MP.
(12) To communicate with the officers, directors, employees or any related persons in the subsidiaries and affiliates of MP in the course of performance of business activities other than those as stated above.
(13) To issue notices to MP’s retired employees and to communicate with the families of MP’s employees.
(14) To exchange necessary information between MP and its cooperative, non-regular, temporary, part-time and student workers in execution of contracts with them and performance of their works.
(15) To receive personal information provided for any order-based works and to complete such works within MP’s scope of business.
(16) To issue useful notices incidental to the above purposes of use from MP and its group companies.
MP may only with the express consent of each respective individual, provide personal information to a third party consign the handling of personal information, or share personal information with a MP group company which shall also act with the utmost care and take the necessary and appropriate measures to maintain the security of the personal information, to the extent that such personal information is required for the business purposes as stated above.
If any personal information is to be collected or processed for any other purpose than those described above, a notice or announcement will be issued separately and such processing will only occur upon receipt of the consent of the individuals concerned.
2. Possession of Personal Information
MP possesses and will possess personal information including names, addresses, telephone numbers, FAX numbers, e-mail addresses, gender, ages, memberships, departments and titles of its customers, suppliers and other related companies.
MP does not collect nor possess any personal information that is not required for business purposes.
3. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
MP will not provide the personal information of any person to any third party without such person’s approval, except the following cases:
(1) the processing of personal information is entrusted, in whole or in part, to any third party to the extent necessary for MP’s business purposes provided that a confidentiality agreement and appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be entered into by and between MP and such entrusted company for secure processing and that MP will provide necessary and appropriate supervision of such entrusted company;
(2) MP will disclose the personal information of any specific person with any of its group companies to the extent necessary for business purposes provided that such disclosure, the nature of the disclosed personal information, the purposes of such disclosure, the name of the responsible party for the management of such personal information shall be notified or that appropriate means have been used to inform the person whose personal information has been disclosed; and
(3) such disclosure of personal information to any third party is otherwise authorized and necessary under any applicable law or regulation.
4. Contact for Personal Information
For information regarding the specific business purposes, the disclosure, correction, suspension of use or deletion of personal information and for the requests for a copy of the personal information MP holds (hereinafter « inquiries about personal information »), contact MP at Maintenance Partners, Legal Department, Vitshoekstraat 6, 2070 Zwijndrecht, Belgium, phone number +32 (0)3 203 94 01, fax number +32 (0)3 203 94 05, e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Handle Personal Information on the Website
(1) Security in obtaining personal information
In obtaining the personal information of an MP customer from the Website, MP uses the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and other encrypting means to protect the personal information inputted through a communications link. The SSL is a general technology used for security of communications on Webnet, which can encrypt the input data before it is transmitted to Internet and prevent the input data from being intercepted or tapped. If you use any browser that is not compatible with the SSL, you could not access to this page from the intranet of your company due to the settings of Firewall or any other software.
(2) Collection of Browsing History
The Website may use the technology such as access logs or cookie to acquire your browsing history for your more convenience of use of the Website. The collected historical information is used only for the purposes of higher convenience of use, monitoring the use conditions of the Website and statistic use such as sum-up and analysis for service planning and better service. Access logs include records of user IP addresses and part of the operating environment, but they cannot identify users.
You can reject to receive Cookie or indicate a warning when you receive Cookie by setting the browser accordingly. If you reject to receive Cookie, you can use the MP Website, but not a part of service.
MP cannot have any responsibility for maintaining the security of your personal information on any other Website linked with the MP Website. If you have any query or inquiry regarding the handling of personal information, make direct access to each relevant Website.